PHOTOS: Huge Heap of Naked Human Bodies Marks World Vegan Day - Animal Writes: PETA Foundation’s Blog Animal Writes: PETA Foundation’s Blog
  • Nov

PHOTOS: Huge Heap of Naked Human Bodies Marks World Vegan Day

Trafalgar Square PETA UK

A pile of naked bodies, covered with blood: When the bodies are human and lying in the middle of Trafalgar Square, it seems like a remarkable and shocking spectacle. But when the bodies of literally billions of animals are hacked apart for meat every year, many people turn a blind eye.

PETA UK World Vegan Day

World Vegan Day Demo PETA UK

For World Vegan Day this year, we addressed this disconnect with a massive, headline-grabbing demo in the centre of London! This morning, around 100 intrepid volunteers showed up, stripped off and agreed to be splattered with fake blood to help get across the message that flesh is flesh, whatever type of animal it comes from – and to encourage people to adopt a compassionate vegan diet for November and beyond.

Thank you so much to everyone who took part and helped make this event a huge success!

Animals raised on filthy, crowded factory farms are often caged and deprived of everything that is natural and important to them, such as opportunities to forage for food and raise their young. Many are subjected to horrific mutilations, including having their teeth, tails and testicles cut off without any painkillers. Cows, pigs, chickens and sheep often have their throats cut while they’re still able to feel pain.

Do your part to help these animals by signing our 30-day vegan pledge for November (which is World Vegan Month):

World Vegan Month PETA Pledge

And if you want to be part of our next dramatic demo for animals, sign up for our Action Team here:

Join the Action Team

Comments

1. avatar Simon smith says:

Thanks PETA. My wife and I have just retuned from the naked vegan protest at trafalger square and finally managed to remove the fake blood. Great day well done PETA , keep us informed of future demos. Xx

2. avatar Lilibeth Yutadco says:

Please choose life!Choose Vegan!

3. avatar Praveen P says:

I agree to the vegan diet protests.

4. avatar Sumeet says:

I vote for a vegan diet… Though I’m a non-vegetarian, I’m managing to be a vegan for as long as posible.

5. avatar tanya hawkins says:

Hi Peta,
    Hopefully the message will get across to help animals and to make people think about their food and animals in an ethical way.

6. avatar lisa james says:

I totally agree with a vegan diet .I’ve been vegetarian for 28 years and vegan for 5 years .i have 5 dogs who are also vegan .definitely the way forward for others

7. avatar Claire says:

After being a vegi for 14 years I took the plunge and went vegan , it was the best thing I ever did , did it for moral reasons but also found that I lost the sugar crave , as milk chocolate was my weakness ,rediscovered cooking and feel so much healthier . Would never go back .

8. avatar Nigel Greaves says:

I am indebted to those willing to take such action; let’s hope the message gets through.

9. avatar Karin Nelson says:

Thank you PETA and all the activists! Great awareness action> I would love to do this here in Edmonton Alberta…redneck beef country : (

10. avatar joe O says:

I have been vegetarian my whole life (and never even touched meat!) and am considering becoming vegan although i have tried before and struggled, any advice?

11. avatar margot zakrovsky says:

why are there still people thinking, no meet is not good for you – look at asian people… many are vegetarian and they are more healthy then we are!
    and why still people still dont care, how animals live and die only saying: doesn´t matte, importend meet on the table, because food withour meet is no food…
    stupid and ignorant people

12. avatar Siri Sture says:

That was great event. I was there to distribute leaflets. We need more events like this.

13. avatar monika says:

Absolutely lovely people! thank you so much for raising awareness

14. avatar Carole says:

Well done for highlighting the awful cruelty involved due to humans wishing to eat animals no matter the suffering

15. avatar Carole says:

Well done for highlighting the plight of animals. Choose life! Chose Vegan!

16. avatar KASIM RAJA says:

Dear Peta,

Although I am already on your mailing list and I often go onto the links that you kindly send me, I could not see when ”VEGAN MONTH WAS/IS?”

17. avatar Harry says:

I altered my diet about 4 years ago from regularly eating meat to now eating it once a month at the most and then it must be from a reliable source . I often eat things like veggie burgers or Quorn type products because I prefer them. This way if i am eating with others I never get into that silly discussion that people often have where true vegetarians are questioned and even challenged about ie “why do you wear leather shoes?” etc. I must admit I do feel fitter and healthier for the slight change and have also got some friends or co workers into not eating meat every day.

18. avatar Margaret Howard says:

WELL DONE all you lovely people who took part in this event. You are all wonderful.