CLOSED: Win Fabulous Cruelty-Free Hair Products From biOrganics
  • Apr

CLOSED: Win Fabulous Cruelty-Free Hair Products From biOrganics

In case you missed it, we’ve just seen a momentous step forward for the campaign against animal testing in Europe, with the new EU ban on cosmetics testing coming into force.

To celebrate, we have seven sets of luxurious cruelty-free shampoo and conditioner to give away, courtesy of biOrganics, an ethical company that makes compassion towards animals a priority. biOrganics quite rightly believes that no animal should suffer for the sake of beauty, and it refused to test on animals long before not testing became a legal requirement. What’s more, its professional (and completely vegan) products will leave you with beautiful, healthy and totally show-off-able hair!

The competition has now closed, but thank you for all your great comments!

Comments

1. avatar Samantha says:

I have gone poo-less (without shampoo) for two years. Its still a learning process but my hair is in better condition. Living in a hard water area makes it difficult though and it does sometimes need some help

2. avatar Gemma says:

Remember that products can contain ingredients that have previously been tested on animals – look for the BUAV leaping bunny logo! Brands such as Lush are also great as many of their products are organic and smell AMAZING, as well as being cruelty free :)

3. avatar Karen Backway says:

Homemade facial scrubs, suitable for all skin types, 100g ground almonds, 100g cornflower, 100g grated pure vegetable soap. Mix the ingredients in a blender then add the following and blend again Geranium 2 drops, Lemon 2 drops, Hyssop 1 drop. Store dry and use a small amount mixed with water in your hand to wash your face. Rinse well, lovely xx

4. avatar Jasmine Fox says:

The best beauty tips I have are really simple. Eat well, love and smile!

5. avatar Candy says:

Buying organic fruit and veg to keep healthy. If i want to wear cosmetics i make sure they have the bunny logo ( not tested on animals) on the back.

6. avatar Naomi Fitzgerald says:

Hello.

I have been searching for a suitable, cruelty free, and animal ingredient free product for some time, not only for myself, but for my dogs and horse, too. It is very difficult to locate, unfortunately not many products offer both choices. However I am delighted to read about your products, I will be purchasing them in the future.

7. avatar Maria Wilby says:

Using chemical infested products on hair or skin always has side effects for me. Using products that are natural with plenty of clean water is not only beneficial for me but for the Earth and all those who along the way involved in its production. Then there are the animals who are NOT harmed and the sea that stays clean when we rinse the product away…why would you not use natural beauty products!

8. avatar Angela Nanni says:

not so much to celebrate, a new law called REACH could soon mandate all ingredients not previously tested to undergo animal testing, meaning we will not have cruelty-free options anymore… :((

9. avatar Anna Pancakova says:

I find it very difficult to take care of my hair in a hard water area, my hair is really damaged now, but I try to make natural hair masks for moisturizing my hair. I also recently bought Tara Smith vegan hair care shampoo and conditioner and I am very pleased with it. For a skin care I didn’t use anything special, for example I remove my eye make up with olive oil. But recently my face skin is very problematic, mainly acne, so I bought a face wash from Jason, and every 3 days I make a homemade yeast face mask with lemon juice or fruit mask (higher in fruit acids) to support removal of dead skin cells. It also has rejuvenating effect on skin :)

10. avatar Lauren Dillon says:

Always buy products with the official leaping bunny logo (and watch out for fakes). Also go for products that are vegan friendly! Or just go natural and don’t use any beauty products at all ;)

11. avatar ELEANOR TURRINGTON says:

MAKE SURE THE BUNNY LOGO ON YOUR CRUELTY-FREE PRODUCTS IS THE CORRECT BUAV BUNNY!

12. avatar Krystie Hamilton says:

I’ve switched all my products to organic natural ingredients, it does cost a bit more, but its definitely worth it! Also, i try not to wash my hair more than once a week and i never wear makeup anymore. Being natural is the way forward! I’ve started to make my own cleaning products from orange peel as well as using natural, flouride free toothpaste. Less is better and sometimes you just have to leave your body to do the work.

13. avatar Andrea says:

I try to make as much of my own cosmetics at home as I can. Even vegan, cruelty-free products can still contain a lot of parabens, which means that even if they are good for animals, they are not necessarily good for you! I use almond oil or argan oil to moisturize everywhere (including my hair) and hemp oil soap is also great for washing myself, and it is also a good household stain remover.

14. avatar Lynn Unsworth says:

My beauty tip is to live a vegan and compassionate life, not to harm any living creature and to live in harmony with nature and the planet. Then your inner beauty will shine through.

15. avatar Sarah Dryden says:

I only buy own brand cleaning products from The Co-op as they are BUAV approved, also use Aveda shampoo & conditioner – expensive but so worth it!

• avatar julie says:

I buy cleaning products from co op and beauty products from Lush ! Also an excelent exfoliant is olive oil and salt/sugar, a great face mask is oatmeal and honey!

16. avatar Serena says:

I have opted for products which are respectful towards animals, the environment, and my body. No animal testing, no sls, no parabens, no harmful chemicals, no pegs and bottles/pots easy to recycle or reuse. I’ve also started to use 100% natural products which are often not expensive and real allies to beauty. Some examples: a few drops of tea tree oil are a great remedy against dandruff and spots, apple vinegar gives a great lustre to hair, almond oil helps with stretch marks, dry hair, and it’s a great addition to a homemade make-up remover which is really easy to prepare at almost no price. Make a cup of chamomile and let it cool. Use 3/4 of the chamomile to fill a small bottle and add 1/4 of almond oil. Add a few drops of rose oil (if your skin is dry) or lavender oil (if it’s combination/greasy) and shake well. You can keep the make-up remover for two weeks in the fridge always shaking before using. It’s great for your skin and gentle with your eyes (and removes smokey makeup perfectly :)).

17. avatar Helen Swanwick-Thorpe says:

When selecting beauty products simply close your eyes for a moment and imagine you are a little bunny rabbit. Then choose a lovely product that has never hurt you or any of your furry friends – and that promises it never will x

18. avatar Lolo Woold says:

Superdrug, who are bunny-friendly (BUAV-approved) do a huge range of very cheap products, including items like dry shampoo and peroxide hair-lightener than are hard to get from other cruelty-free brands. And no, I don’t work for ‘em, just a fan!

19. avatar Linda Kinsey says:

My body is a temple ( Well a bit ancient & crumbling ha ha) But i have never used products tested on animals The Body Shop hair and body stuff is my normal buy .Also am carefull to check out products that say cruelty free ( The whole production of the product must NOT have been tested on animals , not just the end product )

20. avatar Miriam says:

I usually use lush solid shampoo bars and the Superdrug own brand anti dandruff shampoo, which is quite good. It would be lovely to win, because if it is really good, I could try and convince my vegan hairdresser to try it. He is reluctant to swap from disgusting (slaughter-by-product) Schwarzkopf products to cruelty free, because he says the products are not as good. Fingers crossed. :)

21. avatar Marjorie says:

Woohoo! What a wonderful competition. I’m leaving one comment about my beauty tips: Being a vegetarian, I don’t eat meat or fish. It helps a lot. But even if I try to reduce milk, I still consume some. And my skin doesn’t like it!
    So everyday I use Lush products: Fresh Farmacy is the best I have found. No more ugly spots and beautiful skin everyday!

Nevertheless I’m planning to stop milk in a couple of years, when I will leave my parents’ home!

22. avatar Andrea Dutton says:

I use my food cupboard quite a bit. Sliced potatoes, cucumber and tea bags are great for the eyes. Oats or avocados are my favourite facemasks and I use olive oil quite a bit too….No sting! No cruelty!….and it’s just regular stuff you usually have in.

23. avatar Annie Gwillym Walker says:

Sadly I am not one of those whose sweat doesn’t smell!
    I like to alternate between using a mineral, Crystal-type deodorant and a roll-on, currently, Toms of Maine http://www.healthfoodonline.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=243&products_id=820&zenid=7a967b7s20dvdv6r6fvg75k9o4
    I have sensitive skin and other makes can give me a really sore, itchy rash.

Great news re testing.

24. avatar Julie says:

Live, love, laugh and go cruelty free!

25. avatar Steph says:

I live off Lush products, research is vital when making sure products aren’t tested on animals, it’s fesible and easy to not use products untested on animals and products that are tested on animal should be stated. I’d love to try this biorganic!!

26. avatar Kerry Griffiths says:

Stick with natural products wherever possible, and ALWAYS look for the leaping rabbit logo!
    I love coconut, evening primrose and argan oil for skin, hair and nails. I make my own lush body scrub with shea butter and brown sugar, and as a curly-haired girly I cut out shampoo a LONG time ago (I still use conditioner but go for sulfate- and cruelty-free brands such as Creation’s Garden, or Body Shop)- so if I win, just the conditioner for me please! ;)
    For other skincare, shower stuff etc Superdrug’s own-brand products are to die for- cheap, smell amazing and totally effective. My fave is the Vitamin E range.

27. avatar claire says:

A really good way to try and influence policy and practice and to ensure more cosmetics companies stop testing on animals (and/or stop using suppliers that do) is to take part in online surveys such as those hosted by companies like Boots but also the market research companies like YouGov, Ipsos, e-rewards etc. as these often want feedback on why you do/don’t use particular cosmetic products and this is a direct way to get your message to the manufacturers – either stop testing on animals & get BUAV approval or I will not buy your product! As a bonus many of these survey companies also reward you for taking part which means more money to spend on lovely leaping bunny products!

28. avatar Catherine Robertson says:

My tip has to be to go into Superdrug as they are are easily accessible on the high street and they clearly label which of their products are vegan (and a huge amount of their own brand products are) :-)

29. avatar Debbie Reeves says:

Having joined PETA I have been studying the cruelty free list and throwing out all cosmetics and bathroom products like a trooper in my disgust that multi national companies still feel the need to abuse and torture animals in this day and age for the sake of ‘beauty’…..I am slowly replacing all goods with non animal tested products, I am wiping out use of supermarkets for organic farmed products and really changing my life in the hope that it may save of few beautiful animals :-(
    Please do the same everyone and lets all make a difference to all the defenceless animals who cannot tell us how scared and in pain they are………….

30. avatar Sue Davidson says:

It’s really difficult trying to find hair products that you can be sure are cruelty free and always have been! It’s a breath of fresh air to know that there is a product available that can be trusted like those from biOrganics!

31. The best beauty tip is to drink lots of water! Not only does it plump out wrinkles it can help enormously with energy levels!!!

32. I use raw sesame oil on my scalp before shampooing to control dandruff as its a natural anti fungal also leaves hair shiny.

33. avatar Mandy Haines says:

‘I cant think of anything more ‘beautiful’ than knowing all the cosmetic and beauty products have been made with no ‘ugly abuse’ of animals,…….

34. avatar Terri Bell says:

The BUAV Bunny is a must! also, fresh natural products are always best! I noticed a lady mentioned lush and im also a huge fan! Paul Mitchell products are great for hair and fully support animal rights. If a company sells anything in China (I google to check before I buy) then I would never purchase any beauty products as all products must be animal tested over there…. Also, I think gut instinct works well when buying beauty products, if its not clearly labelled or doesnt look or feel right, find another brand! xx

35. avatar Veritia says:

I have only recently become super aware of animal testing in cosmetics etc. Since then i made a ban in my house for all products tested on animals or containing animal products and have made aware to many of my friends and family which use these products that they test on animals!!i must say…it feels really good to be one of the good guys!!!!:)

36. avatar shelley says:

Due to being on a very tight budget i simply cannot afford to buy all that i wish to buy and it being cruelty free. After doing some digging and research i found lots of inexpensive, natural and cruelty free beauty tips.

Massaging olive oil into your face then placing a hot steaming cloth over your face removes make and even stubborn mascara. Also leaves my face feeling hydrated.

I use diluted apple cider vinegar as a toner, then use coconut oil as a moisteriser.

I also rub half a lemon on my face to control blackheads. Or olive oil and baking soda as a face scrub and a way to reduce large pores.

I use a mixture of baking soda, arrowroot , coconut oil and essential oil as a natural deoderant and a mixture of coconut oil , crushed calcium tablets, baking soda and ground cinnamon as a effective toothpaste and also rub banana skin on my teeth to whiten them.

Mashed avacado and oatmeal make a great face mask

Its amazing what you can achieve and do with things so commonly found in your kitchen all natural and cheap too :)

37. avatar Ann says:

Lets just pray,that if these products are animal free,lets prey that in the near future people will sit back and only buy these products we have to help these poor creature who are all torture in such horrid ways( All Animals ) we can all listen and watch these terrible things going on ,but we have to help some way.And to educate the young.

38. avatar Caroline Jackson says:

Living a happy vegan lifestyle is the best way to fabulous skin, me and my bunnies think so anyway !

39. avatar aggie says:

I’ve been only using cruelty free beauty products as well as cleaning products for quite some time. its hard to get good and not to expensive shampoo&conditioner so I would be over the moon if I won it :D my favorite brands are: superdrug , m&s for beauty and cleaning products, gosh for make up, dry shampoo from lush and co-op for cleaning products. Dont have to give up looking and smelling pretty and spending bilions of pounds ;)

40. Speak Up! Companies pester you for feedback on a daily basis, especially the big brands like Tesco, Boots etc. Tell them how you feel about them stocking goods you do not want to buy because of animal testing. The more people speak up the more they will listen.

41. avatar Di Lamont says:

My faves:

Original source shower gel (apart from the honey one) – vegan, cruelty free, smells like something I want to eat for dessert and almost always on sale!

Barry M/The Body Shop for make up – particularly Barry M eyeliner ‘marker pen’ – it looks like an enormous crayon and it’s super easy to smudge for dark, smokey eyes.

LUSH is gorgeous and an amazing campaigning organisation. A true pleasure to see on the high streets.

Superdrug Vitamin E skin care collection is cheap, cheerful and always carries the reassuring leaping bunny. It has that delicious smell of summer holidays and is light enough for my temperamental skin.

Being cruelty free every day reminds me of who I am and what I work for!

42. avatar Lindsey Lamb says:

Living a cruelty free life is essential and I have recently made the jump to veganism. I’m loving it. Love lush.

43. avatar Robert says:

My tip is… GO VEGAN! Since going vegan I have a clean complexion and an even cleaner conscience!

44. avatar ABBY CASTLETON says:

PURCHASE POWER-EVERYTHING YOU BUY HAS AN IMPACT MAKE SURE ITS A GOOD ONE AND BUY FROM KIND COMPANIES.

45. avatar Jane Hunt says:

I always try to use cruelty free beauty products. There is a far better range now than when I first started thirty years ago. :-)

46. avatar Geena Kelly says:

I use products free from lanolin (grease from sheeps wool – ew) and it makes shampoo and conditioner so much lighter without it! I have such thick hair, and lanolin-free products are super lightweight. My favourite is “Veganese” from Lush.

I also dumped all of the beauty products I had from companies that were on PETA’s blacklist and made everyone in my house do the same.

For my lips I make my own sugar scrub! All you need is some sugar, edible oil (like olive oil) Jojoba oil if you have it (lots of vitamin E) and an essential oil like peppermint or spearmint. It keeps my lips so smooth and its homemade so I know exactly whats in it!

Nothing is more beautiful than caring and compassion! :)

47. The best beauty tips of all are simple; eat a good vegan diet, get enough fresh air, exercise and sleep and don’t drink too much alcohol. Beauty is more than skin-deep – compassion is the key. Don’t exploit or harm other creatures.

48. I was over the moon when I found out that the EU had finally passed the ban for cosmetic animal testing. I felt over joyed knowing that the ban would save thousands of animals from tragic deaths in laboratories across the globe as any products outside Europe not to be sold on our shelves. After all, animal rights are human rights!

49. avatar Dorota says:

Coconut oil should be in every bathroom! You can use it not only as a body lotion, but make up remover as well. And it leaves your face smelling yummy :)