Teen Wins PETA Award for Kindness to Animals
  • Aug

Teen Wins PETA Award for Kindness to Animals

If it weren’t for the photos that greet you when you visit her website, you’d never guess that Isle of Wight resident Jazzy Heath is only 15 years old.

Showing resolve beyond her years, Jazzy has made a commitment to helping animals. Using digital media, she’s enlightening people she has never even met about the benefits of going vegan. For her tireless efforts in reaching out to other young people around the world to win justice for animals, Jazzy – a vegan since birth – has won a Compassionate Teen Award from PETA.

Jazzy has posted videos on her website about animal-related topics, including veganism, experimentation, leather and fur. In one video, Jazzy even tries to makes sense of some people’s reluctance to face unpleasant facts – such as her friend who couldn’t accept that pork comes from pigs – simply because those facts make them uncomfortable.

Her actions are inspiring other teens to choose a cruelty-free lifestyle. We’re delighted to recognise her for her leadership and kindness. Well earned, Jazzy!

You can nominate your compassionate kid or teen for an award, too.

Comments

Jazzy Heath-you are awesome. So much more humane, compassionate and enlightened than billions of morally-challenged adults in the world that eat the flesh of God’s creatures and our fellow sentient beings. Plaudits for Jazzy Heath.

2. avatar tom connors says:

Congradulations to you, Jazzy Heath! You are truly a worldwide wonderful inspiration!

3. avatar letizia says:

Great Jazzy, congratulations also from Italy.
    Please continue help animal!!!

4. avatar chander kumar soni says:

congrats.

5. avatar Sally Heath says:

Well Done Jazzy – Hugs and Love from your Super Duper Proud Mum xx

6. avatar Tom Mercer says:

Congratulations for all your hard work. This is the least of of the appreciation you deserve for your everything you have done at such a young age.
    I have found it very hard in life for people to take my beliefs on animals seriously, especially as I got older. Please, please never give up, you do so many of us proud.

Tom.

7. avatar E says:

This is a bit ridiculous. She’s not the only teen who cares about animals, but you make it sound like she’s the most amazing person when all she’s done is create a website.
    It’s great that she’s helping animals, but she’s not the only one. Me and my friends have a website about animal welfare, recipes etc. and we live on the IOW too.

I’m not agents her helping animals- it’s great! But why should she get an award when I know people just like her that get no recognition even though they do more.

• avatar Maxi says:

Hey just read your comment, I see your point and you and your friends are undoubtedly ‘unsung’ heroes for protecting animals as not many young people like you guys (I mean I’m still young I’m 29) care enough so you are all commendable, but I guess that Jazzy has been plucked out from all of you as a representative, so I wouldn’t see as a bad thing, think of her as a head representative for all you kind IOW crew. Good stuff.

8. avatar Francesco says:

Thanks to Jazzy for her courage and friendship to animals, our little brothers and sisters, intelligent beings that help humanity and urgently, desperately need help from us. I also thank Jazzy because she is a good example. God bless you, Jazzy.

9. avatar Vikas Jain says:

Only one way to make a batter world is Save animal save humanity.

We feel pain, these animals also feels the same.
    We human love our children,these animals also do the same.

The difference is we human are selfish, money minded, cheap, but these
    animals do not have these qualities.

10. avatar Siobhán MccGrath says:

Great word Jazzy… And that does not come close to how happy I am for you for your tireless work…
    But, and I know you’ll understand me, when I say that I’m even Happier that you have by your actions and words, proven that the youth of today are aware of the Issues of the time…
    You are an inspiration…

I SALUTE YOU !

Your friend in the fight,

Siobhán x

11. avatar Mary says:

Well… What can I do to become a Vegan? I love the animals, and I feel so sorry for them. But… Has so many vegetables that I don’t like. Have I to stop eating?

- Ok, Sorry my english. I’m from Brazil.

12. avatar ANNA MAIETTA says:

WELL DONE JAZZY. KEEP IT UP THE GOOD WORK.

13. avatar Phillie says:

It’s insparational what you’ve done
    But if your a vegan does that mean no cake?
    From phillie,11

14. avatar Eliza Hardy says:

Hi jazzy I’m 12
    Just wanted to say that by reading the amazing work u’ve done to help animals u’ve inspired me to do a thirty day trial of being a vegan. I don’t know if it’ll work but I’m willing to try it if I helps limit the cruelty to animals. Thanks and well done!

15. avatar Aaron says:

Absolutely Stirling work! You know where you going, what your doing and who your doing this for. You deserve this award for all the wonderful things you are doing. Everybody deserves an award for the amazing things they are doing here!
    Well done Jazzy!!!

Love from your boy x

16. avatar Jo says:

Brilliant. Congratulations. And fantastic for the Isle of Wight. Jo

17. avatar Jo says:

Well done Jazzy! Inspiration for all!

18. hi to the staff of peta i would like to have a job or be part of your team coz i want to help animals from abuse a even if i in low salary thanks!