Finnish Fur Farms Not as Humane as Billed
  • Mar

Finnish Fur Farms Not as Humane as Billed

Fox pups cannibalising each other, animals crammed into cages alongside rotting corpses, and foxes with missing legs and ears – these are just a few of the horrors uncovered during an investigation of 83 Finnish fur farms by Finnish animal rights organisation Oikeutta Eläimille (Justice For Animals). Shockingly, most of the farms were certified for humane treatment of animals. If humane treatment is defined as gaping wounds, missing body parts, and rampant untreated infections, what must the uncertified farms be like?

Among the “certified” farms that were investigated was one belonging to the chair of Finnish Fur Sales, a huge auction company that consistently touts fur farming as humane. Farms belonging to the chair and vice chair of the Finnish Fur Breeders’ Association were also videotaped. Even the Finnish prime minister is connected to the fur industry, and her farm was filmed as well. On all the farms belonging to these high-ranking furriers, Oikeutta Eläimille documented the same intense suffering and lack of veterinary care as on the other certified farms.

Fur from Finland is exported all around the world. So the next time that someone tries to tell you that “ranched fur” is humane, show them this video.

Comments

Finnish fur farms are hells on earth for helpless and sentient creatures.

2. avatar Franchy Molyneux-Mannyng says:

Ihave not watched the video as it stops me from sleeping. I am emailing and donating and doing all i can. I just wish god or something would strike down all these EVIL people abusing, torturing and killing animals in inhumane ways. We must all stick together and fight

3. avatar n. williams says:

how awful, should this really be happening and allowed by a country

4. avatar adelaide conocchiella says:

stop this horror

5. avatar Gina Marchel says:

Evil, horrific, disgusting, heartless and every negative word in our language I send to you, politicians, fur farmers who are involved in this horrendous, cruel way of filling your pockets with money!!! Blood, is on your hands forever!!!!
    I suggest you take your children to see how mommy and daddy, make their money!!!

6. avatar Shirin Bunting says:

How people can behave in such barbaric ways to poor, defenceless animals is sickening.

I hope and pray everyday for those unfortunate animals that get caught up in the paths of these so called human beings

7. avatar susan ann deakin says:

hi i canot watch the video as it will make me ill and i will not be able to get it from my mind and sleep, still i know it will be horible and terrible without watching it. it must be stopped. i know peoples suport is the only thing that will ever change cruelty in this world, everyday i prey god for an end to it , and fur farms are definaztly on my hit list, if only everyone would boycot fur it would stop this, terrible practice, fur belongs on animals skin on humans, hey how about we make human skin coats from the farm workers, sounds good to me .

8. avatar andrea catleton says:

humans are sick ,makes me ashamed to be one. what gives us the right to think we can do these things

• avatar Rishika says:

It’s ridiculous some of the reasons people have for hurting animals:

We need the meat to stay healthy
      Animals kill each other too
      The animal would kill me if it had the chance (never heard of a chicken or farm pig killing a person)

My favourite:
      God put animals on the earth for us to rule over (I honestly believe these people are thick)

9. avatar Liisa Markkanen says:

I agree with all the above comments. I’m appalled at how animals end up in Finnish fur farms.

I can’t bring myself to watch the video either as it will be distressing. I hope and pray that the Finnish animal rights group mentioned and stop this happening for good.

10. avatar Chaminda Fernando says:

I am lost for words. We are the worst creatures on this earth. Human destroy every thing they come across. Ashamed to be a human. This world will be a better place without human. Just don’t know where tho beg to stop these cruelties against animals. I am sick and tired of seeing these cruelties. Seems like there’s no end to these until human change their selfish ways.

11. avatar Ruth Goldberg says:

Unfortunately (for me) I have just watched the video. My God, how I detest our species. Are these evil people to be prosecuted at least? I would like to have them shut in a wire cage and let them rot away, but give them a bit of food so they can have a longer time to suffer. Is there an out cry about this in Finland? Are the Finnish citizens shocked? Has the film been shown on Finnish TV? One thinks of the Scandinavian countries of being somewhat civilised.
    I cannot comprehend these people who do this, what are they?

12. avatar Ellie says:

I didn’t watch the video, Because I’d be in tears for days. It’s disgusting what people do to animals. We take everything off them, their flesh & their skin/fur. Then people force animals to do tricks in zoo’s & circuses.
    Anyone who does these things to animals deserve to be treated at bad as the innocent animals are treated. None of these beautiful animals should have their skin ripped off their backs. It’s disgusting and so so upsetting. I hate the fact that alot of people ignore this or just don’t care enough.

I try & educate everybody I know and my brother & mother have now been vegetarians for months & my dad does meat-free mondays!
    I’m proud to be a vegetarian, animals do not deserve pain, they deserve happiness & the rights to live life without cruelty.