Be an Everyday Superhero for Animals
Today, The Sun introduced Britain’s animals to their very own real-life superhero. To quote the benevolent masked crusader: “I make sure people aren’t abusing their animals. I serve justice to those who deserve it. We stand for those who cannot, because we can”. Bravo! Rapturous applause from your fans at PETA!
While “the black arrow” battles the forces of evil in defence of our furry friends, there are plenty of simple things that anyone can do to be an everyday hero for animals. Here are just a few:
- Go vegan. Giving meat the boot is the best way to take a stand against the atrocities of factory farming while also helping to ensure a lifetime of your own good health. Take our 30-Day Pledge to Go Veg and get your free vegetarian/vegan starter kit to start you on the right path.
- Remove cruelty from your wardrobe. Most fur in European shops nowadays comes from China, where animals raised for their fur endure filthy, cramped cages before they are killed in violent and painful ways. The majority of leather comes from developing countries, where animals’ throats are often cut with blunt knives before their skin is ripped off. “Exotic” animals, such as snakes and lizards, are known to have their skin peeled off while they’re still alive and conscious. With so many fashionable, comfortable, and cruelty-free options available, there is no excuse for wearing real skins.
- Stop animal testing. Each of us can help save animals by purchasing cruelty-free household products and toiletries. Learn about the easy way to go cruelty-free.
- Don’t let animals suffer and die for your entertainment. Refuse to support circuses, zoos, bullfights and any other practice that exploits animals for human amusement. You can help save elephants, bears and tigers from a sad life of torment by always choosing animal-friendly entertainment.
- Stay informed and take action immediately to help animals in need! Sign up for our Action Team and join us on the frontline defending animals.
- Become a member or renew your membership with PETA today and help amplify our voice for animals.
These are just a few ways that you can be an everyday hero for animals, but there are countless more – please feel free to share in the comments field the ways that you use your “super powers” for animals!